Thursday, August 20, 2009

8/20

Hola amigos,

It's been a few days since that last post, so here is some news. Actually, not much news to report. Things are all quiet on the cancer front since I am in between chemo appts, however, I did have a nice and informative meeting with a stoma nurse today. I now am more aware of the various fecal collection devices that may be more effective, comfortable and unobtrusive for me. Now, I know that you must be thinking, "hey, a shitbag is a shitbag man." But actually there are some shitbags and shitbag accessories out there that splatter the competition. I apologize for the visual and, yes, shitbag is the technical term. So if you ever have any questions on the subject, you know who to talk to.

In other news I am including some pics from the weekend, during which I got to be a kid again and play beerpong and see GI Joe with Josh.

The movie was interesting enough, taking me back to the old cartoon. The beerpong was super fun, except for two minor details. The first is that I lost a close match to my rival. The second is that I played with water, rather than beer because I didn't feel like drinking. Which if you notice the fanny pack in the picture, is because I was getting chemo pumped at the time. Yes, while playing and no I don't blame it for losing, rather, I believe I lost because I played with water and the beer pong gods were none too happy about that.


Still got it.

Additional news: Sally and I had a nice couple of meals with a couple couples of the McCann and Shea clans. First, Paul and Mary took us to nice breakfast. Second, we had a great dinner at Casa del Mojito with Erin and Mike on Monday. It felt Carribeanish out on the patio and got us counting down the years (2-1/2) until the third reunion Jamaica trip.

That is all for now. Hasta Luego.

-Dom

1 comment:

  1. oh man too bad Lautz of Beerpong wasn't there to waste on you wannabe's.

    glad to see you still have the paddle twirl down.

    ReplyDelete