Thursday, February 25, 2010

Just a short update.

Hola amigos,

Dom here with a short update for our intrepid followers. First, I want to say thanks again to all the well-wishers. Just knowing that you are following along with the events and updates makes both Sally and I feel good. And feeling good is my current goal for the near future. 2 weeks post-surgery and I am feeling rather weak. Sally has to keep reminding me to stand up straight when I am up and about, which lately has been less than the amount of time I've been spending resting on the couch. When I first got home from the hospital, I was riding a wave of euphoria from pain meds that made me feel like being active doing some house and yard work. But since I've come off the meds my energy level has seemed to dip as well. That is to be expected I suppose, but I am definitely looking forward to feeling stronger. It will be another week until the staples come out of my stomach and then I imagine an additional two weeks or so until the the open wounds close over. I've got two slits that I have to keep open so they can heal from the inside without getting infected. Perhaps I'll try and get a couple of close-ups for you gore mongers out there. Other than the wounds, the other lame issue I have is the neuropathy side effect in my fingers and toes. It is due to the chemo and is basically just a general numbness in my fingers, which makes typing this update about twice as long as it would normally take.

Of course there is usually a silver lining to everything and this recovery is no different. I have dropped about 10 pounds of fat off my body, which means that I am starting to look nice and model-skinny for my application to the 2012 "Colander" http://www.colonclub.com/colondar.html
Check it out if you get a chance and see if you think I can make the grade. That is all I have for now. TTFN.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, post gore picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nick. Glad to hear you're out of the hospital and recovering at home. I got a little worried since Sally hasn't posted on the Colon Club since your surgery--at least not that I've seen--so I decided to check out your blog. What a relief!

    Recovering from surgery sucks. I hate not having any energy. As you know, it gets better over time. I'll endorse your '12 Colonder app. if somebody will show me how.

    Keep smiling--

    --Eric
    "BrownBagger"

    ReplyDelete