Wednesday, June 9, 2010

6/9/10

Hey Folks,

Well, it has been a fair amount of time since my last blog update. I apologize to those of you out there whom having been missing the magnificent wit that spews forth from this brain, much like the stanus used to spew forth partially digested belly material. Again I apologize, this time for the mental image. I suppose I sometimes have slightly twisted sense of story telling, twisted like the many turns and folds of the small intestine.

Why it has taken me so long to post something is probably due to the fact that I am sick and tired of thinking about, and thus writing about, the goings on of my innards. Those of you that I see regularly, know that I almost always bring up pooping during a "how are you" conversation. For that I am sorry, but sometimes I just can't help it. In fact I was gonna be damned, if I was gonna mention anything about digestion in this here blog post and what have I done, exactly what I set out not to do. I suppose that is just the magnetic charm of the stanus. It doesn't seek out the spotlight, it was just made for stardom. And what a weird pink little star it was. Oh dear, there I go again. Well, I guess it could be worse, I could have followed Suzie's advice and shown a gore picture of the stanus back in the day and truly grossed you all out. By the way congrats to Suzie and her wedding to Jesse. Great guy and a great couple you two are. For those of you who would like to check in on Sooz, she has started her own post-wedding blog: thekruegers.onsugar.com

Speaking of blogs, I would like to give a shout out to Sally's Paris blog: sallyinparis.onsugar.com
She has been posting some great pics and sharing the highs and lows of being in a foreign land.

While I am giving shout outs, here is Happy Birthday shout out to my dad. Without you I wouldn't be here pops, and I mean that on several levels of course. I'll save the mushy stuff for the belated card I will be giving you later.

Okay, I need to sign off for now and get some sleep or else I will be a walking Zombie tomorrow at school and thus run the risk of eating too many brains. It is not that I don't like brains, it is just that they are a little hard on the digestive system ,but that is story for another time on Beyond Stanus...

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I am new to your blog. I was searching google about my hubs cancer and came across Sally inquiring on a cancer site. My hubs, Eric was diagnosed with cancer of the small bowel in feb and since then has had surgery to remove his cancer and lymph nodes and is now undergoing chemotherapy. You and your wife are so positive about your experience, it's refreshing. Thanks! Sarah
    http://aspoonfulofdish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete